A Day in The Life : Hospice Nurse
First of all, I'm going to introduce you about what is my field of study. Diagnostic Imaging consists of doing radiography to see bones, organs and diseases. We can also do mammography, echography, scan and more. We can work in a hospital or in a private clinic. I chose this article about hospice nurse because it is related to me. Sometimes, I am going to take care about the patient like a nurse would do. I can also administer medicine, take vitals signs etc. That's why we are both related.
First of all, I'm going to introduce you about what is my field of study. Diagnostic Imaging consists of doing radiography to see bones, organs and diseases. We can also do mammography, echography, scan and more. We can work in a hospital or in a private clinic. I chose this article about hospice nurse because it is related to me. Sometimes, I am going to take care about the patient like a nurse would do. I can also administer medicine, take vitals signs etc. That's why we are both related.
Nurses are formed to be a person that work with people of any age and any illness conditions.
The nursing duties includes many things. Every kind of nursing is not easy but hospice nursing is maybe the one most difficult. Effectively, nurses have many hats to wear. They can serve medication but they are there also to be carying and reassuring. In the palliative medical care, nurses are involved in making patient's last days to be comfortable and not suffering from their illness such as, cancer or aids or any incurable illness. They need to be very strong because they get attached to their patient even if they know that they will die soon.
To become a nurse, he or she has to take classroom in a nursing school and then pass a national examination to get a diploma. Nursing includes many class such as anatomy, physiology, microbiology, chemistry etc. Hospice nurse have to be registred nurses and have at least two years experience in a hospice nursing practice and pass the National Board exam to get the certification of hospice nurses. The earnings the first two years is not very much. That’s why many nurses take any additionnal jobs.
Nursing needs many studies and nurses need to be special people. They have to want to make a difference in patient life’s. Many qualities are needed to be a nurse such as patience, resolve, empathic.
After five years, the earnings are higher and after ten years, nurse’s salary are leveled off. At this point, nurses can become clinic directors or in any admistrative position. The earnings could get up to $63 000.
Allthough, we have to keep in mind that the first hospices were founded and operated by volunteers to help ill patients with life’s routine job such as shopping and baby-sitting. This was the beginning of hospices nursing and it’s now covered by Medicare and many private insurance companies.
References:
- http://www.princetonreview.com/careers/177/hospice-nurse
- Labodanglais.com
- VirtualWritingTutor.com
- Diffchecker.com


Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire